Friday, June 17, 2011

What's this all about?

So I've been thinking A LOT lately.  A lot about how I feel physically and mentally.  I've always struggled with my weight, ever since I was a little kid.  I was teased in school from an early early age.  What I know is that it doesn't feel good and I don't want myself, nor my children to feel this way EVER!  


I've done it all.  Diets that is.  I've been successful with diet drugs.  What I learned while taking them was my problem was ALL ABOUT what I was putting in my mouth.  The tricky part about that is, what I put in my mouth is directly related to how I FEEL about myself.  Typically, when your heavy, you don't feel good about yourself, so you eat to feel better in the moment, and so the cycle begins.  


I've also learned that I can keep weight off!  So getting there is the bigger battle for me!  Before I married my wonderful husband, I got to my lowest weight ever!  Being a former Fat Girl in High school, this was a triumphant thing, and I no longer identified with my former self.  Everything was great, I kept the weight off and enjoyed my life.  That doesn't mean that I still wasn't hard on myself, what girl isn't?  But then, babies came, big life events happened and poof, there I was at my heavy point again.  MAN!!!  It sucked big time.


My babies are now 3 & 4, not babies anymore!  I've dropped about 30 lbs since having my last, and it felt good for awhile, but I'm ready to finish this thing off and start a new chapter in my life.  I've done it before, I can do it again.  I just know that once I get into the groove, there will be no stopping me.


SO, after lots of 'trying' things this last year, I've finally decided to give the HCG diet a try.  Here is what I know about the diet;
  • It has worked very well for people I work with and see almost every day.
  • You take sub lingual homeopathic HCG drops to aide you in the process! 
  • HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, which is a naturally occurring hormone found in both men and women, but is produced in large amounts in pregnant females. The “pregnancy” hormone feeds and nourishes the fetus by releasing the fat stores until the placenta is fully developed.
  • There are 4 phases to the diet.  
    • Phase 1 - Pre-load.  You eat normal fatty foods for 2 days, while taking the drops.
    • Phase 2 - VCLD (Very low Calorie Diet).  This is 500 calories a day and very limiting in the foods your allowed to eat.  This phase will last 21-40 days, depending on how much time you want!
    • Phase 3 - This in a maintenance phase.  For 3 weeks, you eat a normal 1500-2000 calorie diet and maintain your new weight to set your metabolism again.
    • At this point you can repeat P1-P3 until your desired weight is reached.  This could take up to a year depending on how much you have to loose.
    • Phase 4 - You would 'live' with your new body! 
  • Typically, you will loose an average of a pound a day!
There are definitely a lot of naysayers, and I swear, if I wasn't around people doing the diet, I would have thought it wasn't ligit myself!   So I'm just going to give it an honest go and see!  


The whole part about the HCG being a hormone found in pregnant women is pretty weird.  I read the information about it, and while in theory it makes sense, I'm wondering if there is real truth to it.


I think doing the injections of the actual Hormone sounds kinda scary, so I'm more comfortable with the homeopathic drops.  It can't be any worse for me then Metabolife or any of those other 'over the counter' diet pills!


There are a few things I need to get in order to be ready!
Good Bathroom Scale
Food Scale
Take my measurements
Go Grocery Shopping


Phew, this is a lot of stuff...but I know I can do it.

I'll be starting next week.  I'll post pics and measurements and just give a day to day run down on what I'm doing, eating, feeling, and LOSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment