Monday, June 20, 2011

Getting a littel closer

On day two of the load.  I realized my scale is a little tricky.  I need to make sure it resets to zero before I weigh myself, that COULD be totally misleading!

This morning I was up .5Ilbs after loading.  Today, I'm going to have some McDonald's for lunch and something that my girls and Mom will enjoy for dinner.  I think a common misconception about this part of the diet is that loading = eating every carb under the sun!  What it actually means is to eat a lot of Fat since your body won't have it for a long time.  Things like butter, avocados, bacon, oils, anything with a high fat content, not a high carb content.

The other part of this diet that is confusing seems to be the amount of time spent on Phase 2, doing the 500 calories a day.

Here is what I've learned about that.  HCG was originally done using an actual Hormone Injection.  This injection could only be given a certain number of time before you needed to stop taking it and give your body a break, as to not become immune to the effects.  Sometimes this was even done if you lost a certain amount of weight.  Losing TOO MUCH in one round of Phase 2 could also make you immune.  Now with the Homeopathic drops available,  you can basically go as long as you can handle it.  However, it seems that the longest I've seen written, or posted has been 40 days.  This is where the diet can get subjective to anyone looking at starting it.  There is a lot of trial and error.  I will follow Dr. Seimons protocol to the ninth degree, as best I can.

Here are some of the recipes I look forward to eating from a blog that I'm following, Julie has lost 50 Lbs and has lots of great advice.
  1. The Buffalo Onion stuff looked good!
  2. Buffalo Asparagus looks yummy and so does the Chicken Chili on the same day!
  3. Buffalo Cabbage Saute look very good!
  4. Chicken cabbage salad.
  5. Chicken and Tomatoes.
  6. Chicken Tomato Bake 
  7. Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Homemade dressing.
  8. Strawberry Slushy!
Tonight is shopping at Henry's before I pick up the girls.  It will be some power shopping, but enough to get me through this first week and weekend!

My sweet husband also told me yesterday to think about a reward I'd want to give myself after all is said and done and I know I'm keeping it off....  What to do?  I know what he's thinking, it's something I've wanted for a long time, but we'll see when the time comes.  For now, short term rewards like LOSING FAT and BUYING SMALLER JEANS will work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment