Tuesday, July 12, 2011

P2D23 - Headed in the right direction

It's so nice to be back on track with everything.  I still struggle from moment to moment.  The fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at my Mom's house yesterday were REALLY REALLY hard to resist.  Warm fresh and super chocolaty!  It did remind me that I'm looking forward to cooking food again.  Also, trying out healthier ingredients.  Whole wheat flour, flax meal, maybe even some gluten free too!  

But, it's worth it when you jump on the scale in the morning and are down -1.2Lbs!

Starting Weight:  206.5
Today's Weight:  190.6
Total Weight Loss:  15.9Lbs Gone!


In the mean time, I thought I would talk about the things that are getting me through this part of the diet!

Celestial Seasoning's Tea!  My two favorites at the moment are Green Tea and Cinnamon Apple Spice.  For the last two nights, I've been drinking a cup of green tea before bed.  I think it helps with my metabolism while I'm sleeping.  
Buy at Henry's
 Okay, This stuff is the BEST!  This liquid stevia tastes like Root Beer I swear!  I add this to some Pelagrinno, and WHA-LA, I have an instant soda!
 There are several other flavors, my next favorite is the Valencia Orange which I add to the La Croix brand Grapefruit Sparkling Water, and I'm now drinking a Mandarin Orange Hanson's!
Buy at Target

Gum is a questionable item on this diet, because many sugar free gums still contain an artificial sweetener other than Stevia, however, this Chocolate Mint gum is helping me get through some tough days, and if it keeps me from eating a cookie, and I still am loosing weight, then I'm gonna chew it!

 And for today, last but certainly not least, Braggs Amino Acids!  OMG!  Kind of a soy sauce type flavor, but packed with all kinds of goodness!  I put it on everything, and sometimes, just in some hot water for a little warm brothy soup to drink.  It's the kind of thing that gets you past the hunger!

Buy at Henry's
PS - If your reading my blog, say Hi and let me know if you have questions!  Sometimes I don't know if I'm just talking to myself!=)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! If you're allowed Stevia you have to try the little drink mixes from Target, The Archer Farms ones next to the crystal light gross ones. At work we are hooked on the apple pear one, I mix it with pellegrino and a squeeze of lemon. So refreshing! I think they just have Stevia, they are 10 cals for one but I just use half at a time for my Starbucks cold cup. Way to go on the 15 lbs!!!

    ReplyDelete